WE WELCOME YOUR VIEWS AND COMMENTS!

The idea for the American Enrichment Program is to provide an outlet for those who want to "LET IT OUT!" Browse through the blogs, and give us your thoughts. Check back often! We encourage spirited and uplifting debate on issues. You may agree or disagree with the blogs..but we ask that everyone be respectful and courteous to all.

Monday, December 14, 2009

AM I A PRUDE?

I recently was watching television with my two young sons ages 6 & 11 at 5pm the other day. We were watching a Christmas Cartoon on our local Fox affiliate. During one of the breaks a promo for the show "Two and a Half Men" came on. It pictured Charlie Sheen (whoever his character is) singing a Christmas Song and replacing a word in the last stanza with a crude word about sex. My son asked me what it meant and I had no idea what to tell him. I was outraged at the show, the station and everything. Does this mean I am becoming a prude...or somehow "like my parents"? Is there anything that anyone can do to stop this kind of crap on TV?

No comments:

Post a Comment